General forums

Forum Description Discussions
Impact Essex County Solutions due 6/5

As the seniors have left us, the underclassmen can finish off the Impact Essex County assignment by figuring out how we can fix these issues. So, below is what you will do

1. Think about or research local organizations that can help deal the indicator that you are working on.

2. Think about ...

Impact Essex County Connections Due 5/22

This week, we are going to look at each other's topics and see where we can draw parallels and connections among the various topics that we are looking at. 

1. Take a look at the other topics that people have chosen (this requires you to go back to the original Impact Essex County Forum, and see...

Essex County continued... Due 5/15

Looking back at the topic you chose for the Impact Essex County assignment from last week, take a look at the items below and write a short answer"

• What is its impact on Gloucester?
  • How does Essex County compare to other counties in Massachusetts?
  • How does Essex County compare to the rest of...
Essex County Demographics due 5/8

Take a look at the link for Impact Essex County and choose one of the indicators that are included on the site. Before you start working on it, put your choice in the forum below so that nobody else works on it. There are a lot of choices, but it is first come first serve, only one person per ...

Student Questions- Part of participation grade

You can ask questions about the class here: assignments, requirements, due dates. You may also ask general questions about anything that is on your mind. This will be a way for us to communication as a class.

All I ask is that any questions directed at anyone be respectful, otherwise I will take...

Conformity due 5/1

Watch the following videos and answer the following questions.

Asch Conformity experiment

Mind Field- Conformity

1. In the US, we often talk about the importance of the individual. But, individuals often feel the need to conform. Why do you think that is?

2. In the Asch test, ...

Milgram Experiment/ The Experimenter film due 4/24

Answer the following questions about the Milgram experiment and the movie about Milgram, The Experimenter

The Experimenter: 

Short documentary on the Milgram Experiment: 

1. Compare Zimbardo and Milgram. Their motivations, their reactions to the response to their videos, etc. 

Aft...

Stanford Prison Experiment due 4/17

Answer the following questions on the Stanford Prison Experiment

1. What police procedures are used during arrests, and how do these procedures lead people to feel confused, fearful, and dehumanized?

2. Was it ethical to do this study? Was it right to trade the suffering experienced by ...

Announcements
General news and announcements

Learning forums

Week Forum Description Discussions
10 February - 16 February Subculture checklist due 2/12

Subculture Paper Due _______________

After learning about subcultures, you will choose a modern (exists today) subculture to research. Below is a checklist that you will use for this assignment. The formatted checklist is what you will turn in. Everything on that checklist is expected to be ...

Subculture Summary due 2/13

Post your subculture summary here.

Your generation is stupid- Due 2/18

Give your thoughts on this article.

Are we raising a generation of nincompoops?

NEW YORK --Second-graders who can't tie shoes or zip jackets. Four-year-olds in Pull-Ups diapers. Five-year-olds in strollers. Teens and preteens befuddled by can ...

16 March - 22 March Coronapocalypse Now?
Now that we are away from each other for 2 weeks, we are presented with a great opportunity for a Sociology experiment, or at least, a Sociological observation. All I am asking is 2 things from everyone:
1. Please respond to this email so that I know you got this from me.
2. Keep a ...